The ISD (ISS German Branch)
- is the German branch of International Social Service (ISS) and the „Department VII“ of the German Association for Public and Private Welfare.
- acts as an intermediary between voluntary welfare agencies, youth welfare and social authorities, guardianship and family courts in Germany and those abroad.
- provides service for cases with an international dimension.
- obtains social reports from abroad.
- focuses on the best interests of the child.
- provides counselling to voluntary welfare agencies, local authorities and courts as well as individuals.
- is composed of an interdisciplinary team of legal and social work professionals.
- is funded by the Federal Government (Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth).