1. A German woman who is married to an U.S. citizen returns from the United States and wants to file a petition for divorce. She asks for counselling as to where and how to do so.
2. A German woman asks for information about the implications of marrying an Egyptian man, especially with regard to the cultural area and legal system. When people of different nationalities want to get married or to live together, a lot of things have to be considered. As the states have different legislation, e.g. on custody for the couple’s future children, counselling should be sought before marrying.
ISS German Branch
- provides information about the basic cultural features and ways of thinking, and about the matrimonial and family law of other countries as well as the legal position of the partners and their children.
- offers counselling on the procedures to be followed in cases of conflicts and separation or divorce.
- informs about counselling agencies in Germany and those abroad, if required.